Friday, November 14, 2008

I. Do. Not. Like. Babies.

So as I prepare to move back to DC after this campaign, I am dealing with so many emotions that I am in a constant struggle to keep composed.

An example of just how far out on my sleeve my emotions are right now?

I'm crying at reality TV.

Not sweet, mushy, romantic reality TV. No no - that would be understandable, and frankly, quite normal for me.

I am crying at baby shows. BABY shows. All of 'em.

Jon & Kate Plus 8? Check.

Bringing Home Baby? Double check.

Tori & Dean? Yup - currently crying (its on now.)

Why is this so strange? you may ask. Babies are cute and wonderful and miracles! you squeal.

I. Do. Not. Like. Babies.

I don't like any babies. I don't want to have babies. I do not want to hold babies. I do not coo. I do not ooh and aah at babies.

In fact, I get quite nauseated at the entire prospect of babies.

Case in point: My mom works in an elementary school and her teacher just had a baby. Mom, brother and I went to go visit my grandma (Ba) in her nursing home earlier this week, and the hospital where Mom's teacher had her baby was a few blocks away, so we got the okay from the 4-time mom (seriously. On a TEACHER'S salary!) and popped into the hospital.

Yes the new baby (Hope? Grace? I can't remember) was adorable. She was also quiet, which made her more adorable. But did I want anything to do with her? Nope.

In fact, when teacher's husband (first time dad) started talking about baby things I started to get queasy. Luckily teacher saw me turning green and quickly shushed him. Have I mentioned that I like teacher?

Another case in point: my old boss had her first baby last spring and came by the office to show off the new baby girl (Maddie maybe?) I came over from my office to see her (the mom) and offer my congrats. But I had no interest in the baby. She asked me if I wanted to hold her, and I said no - I was there to see her, not the baby. I think she was a little offended.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, but babies are just not my thing.

So as I stress about packing, moving (back) across country, finding an apartment, finding a job, AND planing and serving Thanksgiving dinner (where I'm not sure yet) for some reason babies are getting to me. Who knows why.

Anywho, instead of finishing up my cover letter and getting it and my resume out to prospective employers, here I am watching Tori & Dean (yay!!) and writing about crying (yay to writing, boo to crying.)

Seriously pathetic. Ugh.

Okie dokie, time to get productive before dinner with my former boss and campaign team!

Cheers,

Sweet Bea


PS - you know what I just realized? I def announced this blog as if it were a baby being born. What is going on with me??

0 comments: