Monday, December 15, 2008

Thoughts on new living situation...

Have you ever felt like a stranger in your own home?

That's how I feel right now.

I just moved into a new apartment, and after living alone for the last 3 years, I have a roommate.

And the roommate has a boyfriend, of course.

And the boyfriend's old roommate is my old boyfriend, Badger.

Lovely.

Today was my first day in the apartment, after spending all day yesterday moving boxes and furniture...I don't have keys yet, so I literally couldn't leave the apartment and go anywhere (including to get food!) because I couldn't get back in. Which is fine, as I am not paying rent until January 1, but still.

So right now, roommate and her boyfriend are watching a movie in the main room, and I'm hiding out in my room.

This is silly right? I should be able to go out into the main area and watch a movie with them...but they're all mushy and kissy and frankly it is depressing me because I want to be mushy and kissy with Badger, and I can't be because he broke up with me.

So I ask you: is it wrong that I feel like I'm not supposed to come out of my room? I mean, there is a TON of unpacking for me to do, and I have a cold, so I'm sure it doesn't seem weird that I'm hiding out in here, right??

Just needed to get that off my chest...I suppose now I'll start unpacking...ugh.

Sorry to be a grump...I'm just a bit out of sorts right now I suppose.

Cheers,

Sweet Bea

0 comments: